Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our Week’s Blessings and Life . . .


thank you google images

  • I went out to the garden to pick some chilies and tomatoes and came back in the house with eight raspberries too.  Bonus. We just planted them this spring.
  • We’re getting more blue eggs each day.  The old hen died.

  • It was fun exposing kids to homemade caramel during Rosh Hashanah.  Some had never tried it.
  • Ande, Ray, Cali, and Levin came to spend the weekend with us. 

  • Calvin and I held Levin a lot during the conference sessions.  It was fun – more fun than folding packets to sell at a bazaar (Ty, Ande, and I folded 100 wall paper samples into packets one year during conference), stitching pillows or table runners . . . more fun, even, than crocheting a leper bandage.



  • After Calvin and Ray went to the Priesthood session of General Conference, Calvin made homemade clam chowder from 100 clams he steamed.  It was good.  I thought the secret ingredient was the oregano.  While they were gone, we made an apple dessert.  The men told us about the meeting as we ate a late supper.


  • We took advantage of a case lot sale and added green beans to our home storage.


  • We got rid of our upright freezer that we no longer needed.  I love the feeling of getting rid of things we don’t need. 


  • Calvin and Ray fixed the dishwasher.  I can now open it without plugging my nose and put the dishes away without rinsing them off first.
  • I started a new independent study class and am finding it doable, yea, even fun.


  • Ande read aloud in her best accent to Cali while she rocked Levin and then giggled when we laughed.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, Levin is getting so big! He has such a distinct look about him, like he's wise already.

michelle said...

It's good to expose people to homemade caramel. It would be a shame to never have tried that!

I had to chuckle over you saying that holding Levin was even more fun than crocheting a leper bandage. I would enjoy the crocheting, but not everyone would. I imagine there's not much that's more fun than holding your grandbaby.

I love getting rid of things I no longer need, too. But I do need a freezer.

Hooray for fixing the dishwasher!

Deidra said...

Looks like good times! Levin is so cute.

We have very few Western Family cans left in our food storage. I get a little nostalgic every time I open one, knowing pretty soon I won't have any left.

I miss being out west. Chris didn't get home from Priesthood until almost 10:30. It's too late for even a snack by then! Calvin's chowder looks good!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I love conference weekend. So relaxing.

melanie said...

Levin has grown. Train conductor overalls are my favorite on little boys. Adorable. I love Michelle's comment about holding your grandbaby. I can just see you happy.

I miss a good case sale. Was it Leprekon? I'm needing a restock. Maybe after the move. Definitely not before.