Monday, April 1, 2013

That's What Family is For

Levin, Cali, Ande, Zeph


Cali and Ande live 20 minutes from each other, and Ande has gotten a lot of practice on Levin the last two years.  Cali is an ICU nurse and works two days a month and Ande often takes care of Levin on those days.

Since being born last week, Levin hasn't shown much interest in Zeph.  Oh, he pet his blanket a time or two, but he has really been more concerned about the gum in my purse than he has been about the baby.  But today Levin put a pretzel in Zeph's mouth and then tried to give him a drink of milk from his own container.  It's only fitting.  Ande practiced on Levin and now Levin practices on Zeph for his upcoming little sibling.

Family is useful for so many things.


6 comments:

Ande said...

I love this blog and these pictures.

Ande said...

And I love that you are so good at documenting little things like this. It feels good to know these things are preserved.

Deidra said...

I'm so grateful for my two nephews I got to practice mothering. I think I'm a better mother for it (guess my kids would be in a world of hurt if it weren't for that!).

Isn't Levin thoughtful? They make lots of big brother/big sister books, but he's flying without instruction in the big cousin territory! :)

Jill said...

It must be wonderful to see your daughters together in these various states of motherhood!

Lucy said...

They are so sweet. Sisters. Babies. All of it.

Janae said...

Ha Ha! Love those descriptions of these cousins. How fun to have your girls be so close! Sweet pictures, too! They are all lucky to have you around! :)