Sunday, February 15, 2009

52 Blessings—Grace

Photobucket Photobucket


I’m grateful for Grace, Abe’s friend. She couldn’t have a more perfect name.

Definitions of 'GRACE'

1. (noun) grace, gracility elegance and beauty of movement or expression
"a beautiful figure which she used in subtle movements of unparalleled grace"

2. (noun) seemliness, grace a sense of propriety and consideration for others
"a place where the company of others must be accepted with good grace"

3. (noun) grace, good will, goodwill a disposition to kindness and compassion
"the victor's grace in treating the vanquished"

4. (noun) Grace (Greek mythology) one of three sisters who were the givers of beauty and charm

5. (verb) deck, adorn, decorate, grace, embellish, beautify be beautiful to look at
"Flowers graced the tables everywhere"

Do you match your name?

12 comments:

Lucy said...

I've always thought the name Grace to be beautiful. As is Abe's friend.

melanie said...

Love the photos. You are such a great friend. And you taught your kids the same trait!

Becky said...

Great pictures! And such kind words...you are so great at lifting others up.

Kathy’s Korner said...

You are beautiful in this pictue and so is Grace. I love the definition of Grace. I looked up Katherine and it only has one, "Pure". I would say that is something I work for and one day I will be 100%. I am a work in progress. What does Janee mean? I love that name! We called our sister Jane even though her name is Cynthia.

Emily Katlyn West said...

First off Abe's friend Grace is adorable! and 2nd. . .Almost every "Your Name Means. . . " thing I've seen it's always said Emily means "Industrious". . . but this one time I found a card that said it means Artistic, I think I like the latter much better, but I was always super jealous of girls like Sarah because their name meant Princess. . . I've always wanted to be a princess!

Jill said...

My name means Girl...I guess I match my name then. Lame.

Ande said...

Amen.

Why are we calling Grace "Abe's friend"?

I say we call her by her real title.

jenny said...

Such a sweet post. I too love the name Grace.

Anonymous said...

Hannah means grace, but I don't think I am all that graceful! I have never thought I matched my name, and actually went by my middle name for 3-4 years, until I met Linc and he liked Hannah better :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no- I hit enter and wasn't done. I like my middle name's meaning, basically "queen of kings" cooler eh?

Marie said...

What a lovely tribute!

michelle said...

A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

I just looked up Michelle and it means "like God" or "close to God". Hmm. Something to aspire to anyway!