Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SPT—Itchy Feet

Photobucket

Remember when Pa would get itchy feet and want to go west in Little House on the Prairie? Each fall I suffer the same malady, except I’m about as far west as I can go so they must be itching to go another direction.

This morning the girls and I were out walking and we were talking about fall fashions and shopping, and what lies ahead of them, and pretty soon my feet started remembering how fun it was to get to where I am . . . and wondering where they have yet to go. Fall makes my feet itch. Especially when I wear shoes.

Which season makes your feet itch?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

my feet are itching... to get out of sandals and put on my awesome black boots!! i feel so much more powerful and in control when i wear them.

must hearken back to my days as a city-girl.

(i threw the "hearken" in there just for Pa...)

Julie said...

My feet are ALWAYS itching to take a trip somewhere. I keep trying to find a spare weekend, 3 days, week...whatever, to get to Poland, England, Latvia, somewhere in Norway, Germany...I get out the map, look up plane/train/ferry ticket prices, look at my calandar, check my checking account, and sigh that I don't have time (or funds) until after Christmas, and then I go pick kids up from school.

Deidra said...

My feet itch in about every season-- you'd think I had athlete's foot! Luckily we have two vacations on the horizon, so that's helping to soothe the burn!

michelle said...

These days I don't get itchy feet too often. I guess I'm pretty content to stay at home. But when I do drag myself out somewhere, I'm usually glad I did!

I've been doing some shoe shopping lately. Man, it's hard to find comfortable shoes that you can walk a ton in that don't look like nurse's shoes...

Jill said...

Hmmm, I think my feet get itchy to take a family vacation in the summer time and sometimes in the fall. But today as I took my nephew to move into the dorms at BYU I felt a little itchy-feet excitement for him and all the adventures that lie ahead.

Emma J said...

I'm with you - autumn I always want to GO. (I just don't know where anymore! Somewhere I've never been yet, where I can learn something I never knew I didn't know.)