Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Thinking-Hmmm . . .

Yesterday Grace and I went to the county courthouse so she could register to vote. Below the sign “register to vote here” was another one that said, “say good-bye to Faith.” In this politically correct world it was a pretty bold statement and I laughed aloud at the suggestion. However, when we entered the room there was another sign that better explained, “Faith is retiring, come say good-bye” and there behind the counter stood a beaming Faith, the veteran-sixty-pushing-seventy registrar.

7 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

That is pretty funny. I hate to admit it, but I am not registered to vote. I need to get on that and should have done it before this last election.

Kathy’s Korner said...

I am so glad Faith is a person!

Jill said...

That's so funny! I'm relieved that Faith is a person.

Marie said...

Hahahaha!

michelle said...

HA! What a relief!

melanie said...

Funny!

Emma J said...

Hmmm - indeed!