Friday, June 17, 2011

Life in My World – Quote Update

I found another one!  This morning I watched this video and found another quote to live by,

"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, 
lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."  
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I've got lots of little things that matter most today:  Ty and Michelle are coming home, Ray is coming to finish building the cradle, we have a wedding celebration to attend, it's the last day of school so I'll be telling kids good-bye (and reminding them one last time "don't trade what you want most for what you want now"), and there is laundry, ironing, vacuuming, weeding the garden, and dishes to do.  What a great day to be alive . . .  and slow down . . . and be with people . . . and care for people . . . and . . . enjoy the things that matter most.




What and Who matters most on your list today?

5 comments:

Jill said...

I need to be reminded of this almost daily! I have been consciously working on this lately and have been feeling better, but it can be tricky sometimes (that bowl of falling spaghetti would not have been funny to me).

Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like it's going to be a great one!

Ande said...

I think Cali should have her baby on Sunday so the party has to come back to Seattle. That would matter most to me :)

Ben and Cortney said...

Thanks for the video, I needed that today!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Thank You!

michelle said...

Great perspective, Jane. All of those things going on and the prep required would tend to stress me out instead of focusing on what's truly important. A lesson I keep needing to learn.