Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Photo Challenge – Something I Wore.


Today it started out clipped to my black slip, then hooked to my black sweats, and finally attached to my black hoodie.  Thanks to Jill, this little pedometer has been joined at my hip for the last two or three weeks, and now I know how many steps I take in a day.

Occasionally Jill mentioned her pedometer readings on her blog, and when I asked her about it she kindly sent me my own.  It was such a sweet gesture and I have very much appreciated the added incentive to keep moving.  Some days, like today, I move lots; other days, not so much.  My goal is to increase steps on the lesser days, and appreciate my feet every day.

I had no idea how many miles I walked in a day until this.  Do you have any clue how many steps you take?

8 comments:

Clark perrins said...

we Moore Idaho form for weeking we be home soon for way
at home on sunday 11on day

Ande said...

That was a good idea! AND a good day to get to blog about it...look how many steps! Nice work! I think I might go get myself one. I think you're great.

Jill said...

How fun to see your pedometer in action! I'm so glad you're liking it!

I've been wearing mine for over a year now and it has made me so much more aware of my movement (or lack thereof).

Cali said...

If I comment will you send me one? I get the biggest kick out of this. I think you should see if you could get up to 20,000 one day... just to see what that feels like. Can you imagine how Ty would handle one of these? He would probably try to make it to 100,000 steps just to prove he could. Then he'd do it while hopping on one leg all day.

Michelle said...

Cali's right... he would! Haha. :) We like guessing every day what your picture will be. We were both wrong on this one. I said your shoes and Ty said a cardigan. I think mine was the closest guess. :) Looking forward to your next post!

Amie said...

I will never admit how many steps I do not take... it's embarrassing. I have to get moving!

I love that Jill sent you a pedometer...

michelle said...

That was some great good mail. I have a pedometer somewhere... I think. It's been years since I used it, though. I need a kick in the pants to get moving, maybe that would help!

Nice total.

Melinda said...

That is a really impressive total!

Jason wants to get me a watch that keeps track of everything so that I can see what I am doing. I would be really interested to know.