Thursday, October 11, 2012

October Photo Challenge - Something Close-Up

A corner of the top of Calvin's dresser -
a picture of his dad, a doily from Lithuania, a pen box, candy

Calvin's top drawer is clear full of . . . things.  All kinds of things.  Why, as Calvin pawed through it the other morning looking for a bullet, or fingernail clippers, or a receipt, or ear plugs, or a flashlight, or a book, or a lighter, or a dentist tool, or a sharpie marker, or a church program, guess what he found?  A two year old Reese's peanut butter Christmas tree.  I laughed when I saw it and Calvin said, "I hid it so you wouldn't eat it."  He was smart, because we both know that if he hasn't eaten his candy within 24 hours that I'll help him, and he doesn't even have to ask; I volunteer.

Anything you help your husband/wife with without them even asking?  Who is the biggest candy eater at your house?

8 comments:

Jill said...

It's comforting to know Randy isn't the only man with a drawer full of randomness! I try never to open it because it gives me high blood pressure! He probably has a 2 year old Reese's tree too!

Heather Williams said...

By far me! Jane I am the same way, if he doesn't take care of his candy, I gladly will. I've set a goal for myself and haven't eaten candy since the first of June and I'm going until I have this baby. Now that's a big goal because I LOVE candy.

Loved that post by the way! Love that he found that candy and i also admire how you don't clean up his cluttered table for him....because I always volunteer to clean up Ryan's and he's not a big fan when I do! I'm learning to just let it be.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Heather, I misrepresented myself. I leave things on top of his dresser until I can stand it no longer. Then I open the top drawer and do a big swipe and add to his collection. It's another thing I help him with without being asked and he appreciates it as much as eating his candy for him :o)

Deidra said...

My dad once hid a loaf of banana bread, from an older sister in the ward, in his closet so he wouldn't have to share. And forgot about it. Not pretty. And everyone lost.

I don't think I'm good at doing anything for Chris without asking. Maybe I'm more of a nagger than a do-it-myself-er. Maybe he'd appreciate me doing more.

I think it's about a tie in the candy eating department. We both have our moments. We still have bags of unopened Easter candy in the storage room. (Once it gets opened, I can't moderate.)

Becky said...

When Jeff is helping me in the kitchen, our big joke is that I clean up after him and way too often I end up putting things away before he is even done using them! Luckily, we have a good sense of humor :)

Ande said...

I help Joe with the dishes. He sets a spoon down, I put it in the sink and wipe the counter. He gets out another spoon and sets it down, I put it in the sink and wipe the counter. He says I'm not helping, but no one likes a spoon stuck to the counter with marinara sauce.

Melinda said...

I do the same thing with Jason's drawer. His is the top of his night stand. I gladly help Jason with his chocolate only. I'm not a fan of other candy. It has to be chocolate but a Reese's tree would have been gone so fast. That is a favorite!

Nikki said...

Ah, I am the biggest candy eater in our home.

I think it's hilarious that you sweep everything from the top of the dresser into it. That's a good idea...