Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Photo Challenge - Something I Wrote


I dabble in genealogy and family history.  I'll search for ancestors and then put them away for a year or six before looking at them again.  One of the most frustrating parts of being a dabbler is losing my place and familiarity with the names.  Who belongs to whom? Which line are they in again? and How will I ever keep this straight? are frequent questions.

Recently our Family History Library received a machine that can print out a large genealogy fan and today I printed and autographed mine.  It is quite exciting to easily see where my family gaps are without getting sidetracked or overwhelmed flipping and scrolling through pages.  Calvin was excited as well and plans to print his.  Here is a link if you'd like to create yours:


1 comment:

Melinda said...

This is really neat. My father in law is very into genealogy and has printed one off for Jason.