Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Almost Thirteen Pictures on the Thirteenth of March in the Year Two Thousand Thirteen

Afton  - Enjoying her birthday present from
Grandpa & Grandma Payne a little early.

Ty and Michelle - After putting an initial coat of paint on Michelle's birthday present.
(Jane speaking:  Ty made Michelle this bench.  He also made wooden boxes/crates 
that go in the spaces where their heads are.  It's very cool.)

Dan has made himself a nest.  This picture shows no depth-perception, 
but it looks like a big old goose nest. 

Jane -  The conglomeration of things I read today.  I finished Endurance
the incredible story of Ernest Shackleton and his expedition to the South Pole.  
The article in the Imprimis  pamphlet is a disturbing and enlightening piece on educational trends 
(the strings that trail from it come from sewing on it one day 
to correct the tension on the sewing machine because I didn't have spare fabric near).
Writing for Children and Teenagers is for a class I'm taking,
The blue book is The Book of Mormon, I picked some chapters from Mosiah 
and a few from Alma today. 

Calvin - a.k.a. Happy the Pack Mule.

Grace - Getting ready to move to Georgia!  Just 8 more days.

Abe - Hiding from Grace so I don't have to help pack.

Levin - Caught in the act of escaping.  He looks neither properly sorry or scared.

Ray - Debriefing on his day.

Joe - Delicious food.
(Jane speaking:  what do you think it is?  I see a swirl of olive oil and a sprinkle of
green herb [mint?] and a bread of some kind, but I don't have a clue beyond that.)

Update:  Mystery solved.  Foie gras.  

Ande:  I'm 8.5 months pregnant.  The end.

11 comments:

Cali said...

Ande's and Abe's made me laugh the hardest. They were very funny. Levin's would be funny, except it's not...

Grace said...

These are all so fun! Ande looks so adorable! Afton is almost a little girl... crazy. What a fun gift. Levin is so stinkin cute, and a little stinker! How funny!

Ande said...

1. It looks like Afton loves her cart!
2. Abe's picture is so funny. It reminds me of someone always going to the bathroom during dishes.
3. Levin's face is pretty funny too.

Ande said...

Oh! And if you're tired of guessing.
4. Joe's picture is of foie gras on a puff (like a cream puff) with a cooked apple purée underneath. We went to a famous French restaurant last night that is closing in April.

Ande said...

I love these posts. I'm so glad we do them.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Abe and grace are going to love georgia!! One of these days we are going to make it down to atlanta, its only 3 hours from us. Where are they going to be living?

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Abe and grace are going to love georgia!! One of these days we are going to make it down to atlanta, its only 3 hours from us. Where are they going to be living?

Lilly Leonard said...

Ande's face is killing me! She looks too cute to be that pregnant!

melanie said...

Cali's comment makes this post even better. I say Levin's picture is the funniest. Poor Cali.

Darling shopping cart.

Ande's 'the end' is sure how it feels, isn't it? Cute dress on that cute belly.

Lucy said...

I love these posts and love how your family responds. Where did you get the little shopping cart? Daniel would love that.

Julie said...

I also love these posts and I agree with Cali that it's only funny if they are not your child! Afton is getting so big and darling and you are all fun! Good luck with the move Grace and Abe! Looks like you are doing a DITY...I did ONE and that was enough for me. I will pray for you. Good luck to you as well Ande! It will be worth it very soon...just doesn't seem so now!