Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday Tried It - The Bag

For several years when we lived in Idaho I sold homemade craft items in a store to supplement our income.  While people bought my wares, never in all of my time did people beg me to make them something.

Cali made Ande, Michelle, Grace, herself, and me a bag from a free pinterest pattern:

Ande's


Michelle's and Cali's


mine


Grace's

They're darling.  And every time I take mine somewhere people want to know where I got it and if Cali would make them one.  In fact, some have even begged her to make them one and she happily sends them to this link with the promise "They're really easy to make":

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2011/01/free-pdf-pattern-from-the-bag-making-bible-bag-giveaway/

I've changed my bag out a couple of times:  first it was going to be my fun bag with a good book and a bag of m&m's, a notebook and a pen (I like to make lists and jot down funny things I hear), then it became my church bag.  I've even imagined it becoming a crochet/knitting bag if I ever get good at it.  What I really want is two or three bags I guess.

How about you?  What would you use your bag for?


5 comments:

Rachel said...

What cute bags! Cali is so crafty. I might just try one myself. However I'm not sure what I'd use it for. I like the idea of a crochet bag. My current crochet bag is a plastic zipper bag that a set of sheets came in...

Anita said...

Oh Jane, you know after we saw Cali making these bags several of us had to make them too! I, too, have changed mine out several times: crocheting; purse; Kindle & tablet; snacks for a driving trip; and last but not least, hand quilting! Who knows what will end up in that bag next!

Anita

Janae said...

Oh this would be my Sunday bag for all of my "keep my 4 boys quiet in sacrament" type things! (coloring books, notebooks, crayons/pencils, scriptures, gum, etc) CUTE! I love them.

Annie said...

So cute! Now I've got to try making some for my grandkids. They would love something in which to carry their treasures. Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

So cute! Now I've got to try making some for my grandkids. They would love something in which to carry their treasures. Thanks for sharing!