Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Memories - A Day with Cali and Ray


I've been staying with the Follett family for a week now to celebrate Atlas' arrival.  Here is what today looked like . . .

6:00 am



I woke up to this banner that is stretched across the mirror propped on a shelf near the foot of the bed.  I read the scriptures, sent a few texts, made a few phone calls, and waited to hear Levin's feet patter on the wood floors upstairs telling me he was awake . . . and hungry.

7:00 am



I still hadn't heard Levin's feet.  He was sleeping in, so I took a shower and got ready for the day.


8:00 am



Levin was awake and helped make bran muffins for breakfast.


9:00 am



Took Levin on a walk in the stroller.  He always points to this rooster.  The owner said he gave it to his wife for her 17th anniversary and told me where I could buy one if I needed one.  


10:00 am



Levin played in the Sound and sand in his rubber boots while I sat on the bench and watched.


11:00 am




Ray met us on our walk so that he could take Levin with him for the afternoon.  I pushed an empty stroller home and walked by this house that has well over 50 plastic tubs in the yard and a car full of Target shopping bags.  Its a conundrum and we wonder about it every time we walk by the house.


12:00 pm



Gave Atlas his bath.  His hair is so soft and fine, his breath so sweet.


1:00 pm



Helped Cali take pictures of Atlas.


2:00 pm



Folded laundry.


3:00 pm



Ate lunch on the deck with Cali.  It feels so good to soak in the sun while looking over the monochromatic blue Sound, mountains, and sky.


4:00 pm



Held Atlas.


5:00 pm



Ray returned home with Levin.  He found the sprinkler in no time.


6:00 pm



Ate supper and held Atlas.


7:00 pm




Had family scriptures and prayers. Levin knows all about right and wrong.  The other day I told him no and he said, "Grandma, obey."


8:00 pm



Dishes and dinner are over.


9:00 pm





Everybody's getting tired.


10:00 pm




Ande stopped by on her way to the airport to pick up Joe.  She came with fresh bouquets of sweet peas for Cali and me.



The Lord's plan of the family is absolutely brilliant.  It is wonderful being here with the Follett family watching Ray be a father and husband, Cali being a wife and mother, Levin being a son and brother, and Atlas soaking all that love in and reminding us of what is pure, simple, and most important.



6 comments:

Deidra said...

So, so sweet. It just makes me realize (even more) how quickly they grow up!

Ray and Cali's home looks beautiful. I think a home gets sanctified a bit when a new baby is brought home, and I think it shows in the pictures. Maybe it's just the sweet, itty-bitty laundry.

Obey is a favorite word at our house, too! :)

Gwen said...

So excited for the Follett family! Please congratulate them for me.

Amie said...

What a great post. I don't know why I don't check your blog daily... it always lifts my spirits. Great pictures! There is nothing better than a new baby!

Jill said...

These are great photos, such a fun way to see what you're doing. They are so lucky to have you there!

P.S. It's good to see this post as I'm in the throws of teenager-induced smotherhood and am not enjoying it a bit.

Becky said...

What great pictures! Family is sweet and I love those first few days at home with a newborn where everything important comes into sharp focus. I just kept smiling while looking at this post and remembering my own sweet babies (who are growing up so quickly!).

Myca said...

I love everything about this post. You are such a good mother and grandmother. I bet cali was so happy to have you there helping her. What a blessing.