Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday Memories - #Bible Celebration


Today is the International Day of the Bible.

6th grade  

For several years we received free, red, pocket-sized, Gideon New Testament Bibles in grade school. Once a year, missionaries came and distributed them to the students in the upper grades. Though we had several King James Version Bibles at home, I felt respectable and grown up reading from my little pocket version that put Jesus' words in red type.

Today is the International Day of the Bible and in it's honor, I'm sharing a few of my favorite verses:


 






I still remember reading the Old Testament the first time.  It was such a good feeling when I finished the last page of Malachi.  It didn't matter that many of the stories or doctrines weren't clear to me, I recognized it as sacred.  I'm grateful to live in a time when the Bible is available to the common man and that I have the skills to read it.  It has corrected, guided, and encouraged me.

#BibleCelebration

No comments: