Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Homemaking - Clean?




I hear about "clean eating" but I don't really know what it means.  The other day I made a smoothie with homemade Greek yogurt and strawberries and spinach freshly picked from the garden.  I don't know if that qualified as clean, but it was fresh and oh, so good. 

Sometimes I get arthritis in my mouth.  It hurts.  Badly.  Lesions line my tongue, and my jaws get tight and ache.  It shuts me up.  Homemade yogurt helps to clean up the sores so they heal faster, and the cool smoothie brings temporary relief.  Sounds clean to me.

Last night Calvin and I picked all of the cilantro and lavender.  

We pureed the cilantro with a little bit of grape seed oil and put it into ice cube trays to freeze.  It will nice to have.  




We laid the lavender out on newsprint in the garage to dry. It was a good lavender year.  I'll replace all the bundles in the house displayed in baskets and buckets with the fresh blooms and still have plenty lavender to share.  

While I'm not a fan of the smell of lavender, I do love it's colors and calming properties.  It's a clean, non-weedy, non-bugs plant, too, so the smell is growing on me the longer we grow it.    


No comments: