Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Homemaking Tip—The Bond

I have a decorative tile that I have wanted to use as a trivet on the table. I cut a piece of flannel the size of the tile and then sprayed Elmer’s Craft Bond on the back of the tile and adhered the felt. Tra-la trivet.

I also used the glue on a scrapbook page the other day. It was slick, keeping everything tightly bound.

I haven’t used this adhesive in a while and had forgotten how nice it is.

And, in the spirit of bonding and “Family is Everything,” today is Abe’s birthday and my sister’s and my grandpa’s.


Edited to Add: I shouldn't have used the word trivet, that is too misleading as I don't intend to use it for hot things ( I suspect the vinyl would melt to the bottom of the pan). So let me call it a tile doily. It's mostly to just look pretty on a table instead of hanging on a wall or sitting on a shelf. Sorry for the confusion. In the meantime, the bond is still good!

9 comments:

Jill said...

I've never used that glue before, but I love a good tip!

Also, is that vinyl lettering on the tile? If so, is it okay to set hot pans on it? This would really open up a lot of possibilities for cute trivets.

Alisa said...

I like the tile doily- what a name!

Becky said...

I will definitely have to check out that glue...

Kathy’s Korner said...

Thanks for the tip and hanks for the edit, I was wondering about the heat and the vinyl. Happy birthday to Abe, now that is bonding.

melanie said...

Cute, clever idea!

Kim Sue said...

tile doily..now that cracks me up

MaryRC said...

you are so full of ideas woman...

Nikki said...

Cute tile! What very nice table decor! Happy Birthday to Abe and your sister and grandpa.

I'm going to have to try some of that Elmer's Craft Bond glue.

jenny said...

I have a few extra tiles hanging around that I could totally do the same thing. Thanks for the tutorial. Happy birthday to all three of your family members!!