Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Well Fed -- Snow Day!


Nothing like a snow day.  Nothing.  Unless it's when Daylight Savings ends and you gain that extra hour.  But a snow day gives you 12 extra hours so even Daylight Savings doesn't really compare.  I took full advantage of the extra hours today:
  • cleaned the bathroom
  • did the laundry and ironing
  • made a batch of strawberry jam and a batch of blackberry jam
  • made a batch of conglomeration fruit leather (strawberry/blackberry/grape/pear/apple)
  • sent a couple of lengthy and overdue e-mails
  • vacuumed and dusted
  • prepared a lesson
  • went on a short drive with Calvin and was surprised at the number of snowdrifts  
  • cleaned the rubble out of my snowboots that sit in the garage (no dehydrated frog like I found in Calvin's one year, but there was an extra key or two)
  • carried water to the chickens
  • walked down to the mailbox (it's only twelve or thirteen degrees this afternoon)
And . . . the whole evening is still ahead!  I'm reading Decision Points by George W. Bush and thoroughly enjoying it.

Oh the things you can do when you have no place to go.  What would you do with a snow day?

5 comments:

Cali said...

MOM,

You look like a "dog person" in those pictures. I love every single one of them, but I have to admit they took me by surprise. I've NEVER before seen you in pictures with dogs and smiling so big. It's because Old Dan and Little Anne are so sweet though. You can't help but love them.

I loved reading about ALL the things you did today. Wish I'd been there to help.

Cali

Jill said...

What a wonderful gift of time, I love a good snow day! You were so productive and still had time to read, that's fabulous!

Rachel said...

WHOA! That's a lot of stuff you got done! I must say I am not missing the snow over here. I like to think I am experiencing Thanksgiving how it is supposed to be- in the Fall instead of Winter. I am hoping for some snowdays though when I can get paid to sit at home by the fireplace (because I have one of those) with a good book, perhaps some scrapbooking, and some hotchocolate. I don't think my snowdays will be nearly as productive as yours.

michelle said...

Oh! So jealous. We never ever have snow days. We were promised one this week, but it never materialized.

I am totally cracking up over you finding a dehydrated frog in one of Calvin's boots! Life seems to be full of adventures at your house.

If I had a snow day, I think I would break out the many projects I want to work on, all while watching movies and drinking hot chocolate.

Anonymous said...

you. are. so. productive! this weather makes me want to stay in my pj's all day and be lazy.