Sunday, May 1, 2011

52 Blessings – Leg Muscles



I have pathetic arm muscles.  I have to keep both arms together if I want to help Calvin lift an air conditioner out of the window or help move the freezer.  If I could attach my legs where my arms are, Calvin would have a prize of a wife because I have strong leg muscles.  Yesterday while we were working, I found a couple that I forgot I had.  Today those leg muscles are sore, sore, sore.  Every time I stand up I want to shake like a horse with his saddle freshly removed to loosen them up a bit.  They are just stiff enough to remind me what a great gift the human legs are.   And while I thank God often that I can walk and talk and see and hear, I know I don’t thank Him often enough for my legs and the convenience that the two of them are.       

5 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

Your blog message really hit home with me. I used to have very slim, beautiful legs but now they are horrible and painful. I find myself pretty much housebound. But ironically, even through the pain, the ugliness, the lack of going any place...I am just overwhelmed with the goodness of God's love and continued blessings in other ways. So for those who have their sight, their touch, their smell, their hearing, their taste...give Him thanks and don't forget the precious muscles that hold this body of ours together so we can walk, work, run, dance, play, etc. Thanks for the message Jane. I will keep on trying and not ever give up. Love to you precious friend.

Cali said...

My favorite part was where you found a couple you forgot you had. I love you mom. Hope you're having a good day.

Cali

Rachel said...

I think you are a trophy wife even without strong arms!

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

I with you, in that I need to thank God more for my ability to STILL walk and function - even if BOTH my arms and legs are pathetically weak! :)+

michelle said...

I'm with Rachel. But I got a giggle out of imagining you putting your legs where your arms are!

I need to remember to be more thankful for my body as well.