Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemaking Tip – Easy Frame

Calvin, Ty, and Abe sporting "Celebration" and "Happily Ever After" pins

Today as I cleaned house I finally threw away our “Happily Ever After” and “Celebration” pins that we proudly wore at Disneyland.  I tried and tried to think of four people that were going to Disneyland that might want them, but I couldn't.  I put one on the bulletin board in my fort for memory and tossed the other three.  They hadn’t been in the trash an hour when my niece Charlie texted me, “Hey Aunt Jane, I LOVE you and want to wish you a magical day in the unmagical kingdom.”  Now what are the odds of that?


And speaking of LOVE, and Happily Ever After, and wedding photos. . .

Using an old window frame as a picture frame is not a new idea, but it is one of the easiest.  You just need pictures, an old window frame, and some double sided tape.  That's it.  No matting, no measuring, and no broken fingernails from prying staples off the back -- just your pictures and a window frame.    

11 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

Absolutely love this!! If this old window frame could talk, it may something like: "thank you for adorning me again" or "thank you for giving me a new purpose"...you get the picture (no pun intented)

michelle said...

That is one awesome window!

We have a great big one over our piano with some of Marc's photography in it. But I really love your smaller one.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Beautiful.

Time for a trip to Goodwill.

Deidra said...

I love that you call it your "fort."

I once lived with two former Disney interns. No one left the apartment without being wished a "magical day!"

Susan said...

Dear Jane,

I love that Calvin wore his flannel vest to Disneyland, and Abe wearing his plaid shorts reminds of his high school years.

I love your window frame! I would love to do that with a six paned window. I might have to wait a REALLY long time to fill in all the panes, but so beautiful.

Love,
Susan

melanie said...

Do they make 5 pane windows? I love those four wedding photos. No way you could not look at them and smile at the different memories. Snow, sun, rain. Did one wedding have clouds? Miss you like crazy.

Melinda said...

I love that idea with the window frame. I need to do that with my pictures.

It is so funny you talked about your Disneyland pins. I just found some from our trip years ago. I sat looking at the pins wondering if I should keep them or toss and I did the same thing as you, saved one tossed the rest.

Tracy said...

Love that window pane! :)

Cali said...

I thought Charlie's text was the best. It made me chuckle.

I love you.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

So Cute! Now I have to go find one!

Ande said...

1. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU THREW AWAY YOUR PINS! Well, yes, I can...but still! Couldn't you keep them a bit longer?? Were they taking up THAT much room?! Don't worry...if you regret your decision I've got a few extras you may have.

2. That window with our pictures is really, really, really cute.

3. I love you.

4. This is a comment for all 8 blogs of yours I just got caught up on.

5. I also very much enjoyed the Valentines post about the mailboxes and Winslow Homer. I love that story.

6. I liked the post about Cali running away. I don't think I ever wanted to run away. I always got homesick at night. That's why you had to tell me to look at the moon, remember?

7. I didn't know there were only 3 family temple days! I thought there was one each month...I've been looking forward to this months. Darn.

8. I think you are great.