Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday

1.  Safeway must have known it was Calvin's birthday last week because they had $5 lobster tails on sale.


Calvin has a habit of pricing home cooked food based on restaurant prices.  After a meal he'll say with great satisfaction, "Now that was a $30 a plate meal," or "that would have cost us $25." (And then I'll ask him if he wants to leave a tip and he pretends he doesn't hear me.)  When it's a breakfast of hashbrowns, toast, eggs, and bacon - all home grown things - he really inflates the price (he still doesn't leave a tip, but tonight he bought me a back brush for a surprise).

I love cooking for Calvin when he likes the food.  When he doesn't, I don't.

2.  We're not real spontaneous folk, but Saturday morning we realized we didn't have anything pressing so we covered our bases then went to see the kids.

Cali and Ande
These two are great friends.  They discuss books, ideas, food, babies, craft projects, . . . whatever.
They are kind enough to correct each other and generous enough to overlook faults.  

Levin's favorite game:  He ducks his head behind something with his
fanny sticking up in the air and when he lifts his head and growls he expects you to shiver and
shake like he's the abominable snowman.  Here he is hiding in the Christmas tree box.

3.  Cali rearranged one of her bookshelves.  I love the way she covered some of the books in brown paper then stamped their titles on them.


4.  It's a most wonderful time of the year.  Focusing on Christ makes it so.  I'm grateful "God so loved the world" that He would give His only Begotten Son.  



3 comments:

Cali said...

I know I've tried to tell you a couple of times, but I can't REALLY explain how wonderful it was to have you spontaneously come visit us. What a great weekend. I've thought many times what a lucky woman I am to have Ande as my sister. She has forgiven me for being a bossy older sister, dominating our shared room, and marrying a man that teases her constantly. Thank you for giving birth to her ;)

I loveyou mom,
Cali

Jill said...

It's such a blessing to be best friends with a sister!

melanie said...

Ray teases Ande? Cali's list of things she has been forgiven of made me laugh.

I am not a very spontaneous gal either but whenever I take that leap, I'm glad I did. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Cali's covered books are such a great idea. I wish I had her decorating mind.