Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sweet Things.




This week I took a very long walk in town.  When I saw a little patch of weeds with dainty flowers and later the dandelion, I thought, "Even God's 'trash' is beautiful."

Then I saw man's trash.  It was a stark contrast.  

The difference made me think of the scripture in Isaiah 55:8-9  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Trusting the Lord implicitly, with no qualms or reservations, made complete sense when I saw our trash lying side by side.  This visual will guide me a long time.  It was such a gentle way to remind me to always trust in the Lord.


************

Last week I wrote Paul Cardall a thank you note for the beautiful music that he plays.  I listen to his work often and wanted him to know that he is appreciated.  





Dear Brother Cardall,

I hope this letter gets to you because I want you to know how healing and inspiring your music is. Truly. Your ability, talent, skill, and work has blessed my life in very real ways and I thank you for it. Please know that I use your music to inspire others as well as myself; students work and contemplate to it playing in the background, our grandchildren calm down and go to sleep to it, anxious souls relax when they hear it playing in the background, the Sabbath is sweeter and more reverent as your songs play in our home, it makes powerpoint presentations poignant. As you struggle with heart disease, your skill and spirit calms our hearts. Thank you.

Jane Payne


I quickly and unexpectedly received this gracious reply:


Jane,

Thank you for sharing these kind words with me. I am happy my music has helped create an environment of peace. Thank you for using it to bless your family. I really appreciate your goodness.

Warm regards,

Paul Cardall



Of course!  His music is so calming and beautiful because humility is such a beautiful harmony.


No comments: