Friday, November 10, 2017

We did live after the manner of happiness . . .


In the Book of Mormon, Nephi listed several of the activities (2 Nephi 5) that he and his people were doing and summed up their lives with “...(we) lived after the manner of happiness.” (2 Nephi 5:27)

This is Nephi’s outlook even though he and his family were told to “...flee into the wilderness...” and start a new community to save their lives. They weren't popular or safe.

I love Nephi’s list. I agree with Nephi’s list. I want to share Nephi’s list. I think it's useful to anyone that wants to incorporate more happiness into their lives.

For the next few weeks, I'll post Nephi's insights along with a comment and picture about how that behavior has also brought me happiness.

Recently Ty was training at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane. 
We took advantage of him being so close and went to the temple together.
The only thing better than going to the temple is going to the temple with family.

Temples

2 Nephi 5:16  And I, Nephi, did build a temple and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon . . . 

Going to the temple feels like going home (which makes perfect sense since the temple is literally the house of God).  The Lord visits His temples and, like cologne lingers long after Calvin has left for a meeting, the Lord's influence lingers in His temples as well.

In the temple I learn truths that help me to understand life more fully and participate in sacred ceremonies and ordinances.  

In the temple I find answers to questions and am able to receive inspiration and comfort about things that may be troubling me.

In the temple I am able to serve others that cannot serve themselves.

In the temple I find happiness.

No comments: