Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday—Quotes to Remember

I’m nearing the end of the Tuesday topics you sent me – this week and next. Thank you very much for all of the ideas. The suggestion for this week was Quotable Quotes. Here are a bunch of my favorite ones that I’ve posted in the past – I still think they are grand.

Today I have two more to add:

This one hung on our refrigerator door through the kids' growing-up years. It kept me from nagging too much; I knew they knew it and they knew they knew it.

"Don’t trade what you want most for what you want now."
-anonymous

And here is a brand new one I found today. Last year while visiting Pike’s Market in Seattle Abe was asked for a quote by the news team. He speaks his piece at 1:10.

 

“I think it’s nonsense. I don’t see any problem with it.
They’re animals. They’re meant to be eaten.”
-Abe Payne


And why wouldn’t he believe that?


Abe and Ty and their buddies fishing.  Abe is on the far left, Ty is on the far right.



Abe's first hunting trip at 3 years old.

8 comments:

Jill said...

That's a great quote, definitely one that will prove more meaningful as the kids get older.

I couldn't watch all of the news clip (but did see Abe) because it's just too ridiculous.

Ande said...

Yay for famous Abe!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I agree with Abe. it does seem like nonsense!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Those are such cute pictures of Abe. We agree lol nonsense.

Unknown said...

Love it! Here's mine for the day - "A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an opinion." -Dave Ramsey

abe said...

i'm glad they took the least intelligent thing i said and edited it out from all the evidence i actually gave.

Cali said...

Ha ha ha. Abe, my favorite part was the, "they're animals. They're meant to be eaten." I heard your full quote, though. You were eloquent and intelligent. I always think it's funny to see what an "editor" choses to keep. I still loved the quote though. Simple truth... spoken simply.
Cali

Mom, I loved the old photos you dug up too. Reminded me of being little.

tina said...

PETA is retarded. Yeah, I know that is not a nice word, but I can't think of anything better right now! Nonsense is the nicer word, I suppose. :)