Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Memories - P.S.


Frequently I add P.S.'s to my prayers, just so the Lord knows I'm still thinking about something even if I didn't spend much time telling Him about it.

I P.S. other things in life, too.  Like blog posts.

http://republicaninruffles.tumblr.com/post/12650551893


P.S.  Happy Memorial Day.

I really do appreciate the lives sacrificed for our well-being.  I am indebted and I know it.  Not only am I grateful to the soldiers, but I appreciate the sacrifices of military families as well.  Like the Wade family:

Ginnie Wade was a young woman during the Civil War with a soldier boyfriend.  One day she went to help her sister with a new born baby.  Ginnie was kneading dough in the kitchen on July 3, 1863 when a bullet from the nearby Gettysburg battle came through the window and struck her.  After going through her heart, the bullet lodged in Ginnie's corset.  Ginnie died immediately.

On July 4th, Ginnie's mother made 15 loaves of bread from the dough that Ginnie was kneading when she was shot.

And that is what military families do.  They carry on.  Even when it's hard.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow. I am amazed at the strength of her mother-- and at the strength of others I see around me.

Deidra said...

Thank you for being a military family. I'm always impressed with the sacrifices your family has made. Thank you.

Lucy said...

I have always admired your family and your humility and sacrifice for this great nation. Thank you!

Jill said...

You know things no one else knows. I love the way you express yourself.